Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Biden seems deliberate to pick diverse people for his admin.However, over emphasizing diversity itself is  discrimination. --Agree?

I mean everything should be on basis of fairness , equality , transparency , etc. rather than men , women , whites , blacks , Asians , and more.  

I do not think the way of balancing diverse people   is good for unity in the long run. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

They've gotten a little hung up on identity rather than qualifications. It's more about checking the diversity boxes than it is about putting the best staff together. Perhaps they're choosing qualified people, but the overt effort to go after minorities for the jobs makes those qualifications come into question, whether it's fair or not.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Liberals put identity politics ahead of qualification. It’s basically affirmative action on steroids, and yes it’s racist and sexist.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Who cares ? If the people are qualified to do the jobs Biden offered them. 

I'm just glad he didn't give important jobs to rich supporters and stupid family members like Trump did.

• 1 month ago

Not necessarily, but discounting actual job qualifications is certainly ill-advised.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

That is because you are white.  I am too, but it does not bother me.  Having role models for people in important positions is good for everybody. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Agreed.  Too bad his hiring criteria have more to do with identity politics and less to do with job qualifications.

• 1 month ago

Don't worry, dear. The majority of people in power in this country are still old, out of touch, arrogant white males. Feel better now or do you need a tissue?

• Jerome
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Still better than nepotism.

No way Kushner was the best candidate who just happen to be the son in law of the president.....lol

Come on, we are not that stupid.

And look what his best people did in the last 4 years....🤔

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

America is a diversified country. Trump lost.

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Trump lost. Quit whining

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.