Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

From what age in the United States do parents allow children to use social networks?

From what age in the United States do parents allow children to use social networks

I agree with "Murzy". When should a child be left alone in the house, when should a child go on a solo date, left unattended at a party, have a part time job, go unsupervised to a party, swimming pool, etc. These things have nothing to do with age but rather maturity. I was able to trust my son on these issues since he was 12-13. Look, at some point you need to allow teens to start making their own decisions. If they mess up, then they face the consequences and learn from it. We parents will not be around for ever. "Over parenting" and being too strict can be just as harmful as neglecting children and allowing them to do what ever they want in my opinion. 

I am eastern European. 

Most social networks require you to be 13

• Murzy

12-15 depending on their maturity level.