What would you say is a reasonable amount of rent if you were looking for a decent 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom apartment?

Update:

IYO for your area for what you think is reasonable, not particularly what they are asking.  I.E. in my area they are asking $1500 and up which is more than I pay for my house mortgage, so saying I would love to see rents at around $800-$1000.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

300 $ real estate is a scam

• 1 month ago

Location is the key point. Without specifying a location, no such listing would have any meaning.

In a midwest dying town, it could go for as little as a few hundred, and on Park Avenue in NYC, millions.

• F
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends where your are. Location,location, location!

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

about $1,200 a month but thats in australia , and upto $ 2,000 a month will get you in a good area .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Rental prices all depend on the location. The location can refer to the State, the county, the town and even within that town.

For instance, a 2-3 bed, 2 bath rental in my area runs high - $ 1,200 up to $3,500 monthly. Where as in southwest North Carolina the same space goes for half the rental price.

So, do research by checking local ads and real estate web sites.Go to Zillow.com and tweak the search engine to your specific needs. There you can find rentals in ANY given area.

• 1 month ago

Varies place to place.  Where I am, $750 (plus utilities) is a decent price, but in some nearby cities its closer to $1250.

• 1 month ago

$200 in Mississippi,  $1750 in Los Angeles. 

• 1 month ago

It depends entirely on where you are. In some cities you can rent 1BR/1BA for under $500 a month, in others you couldn't even rent a square FOOT in an apartment for that amount. In rural areas it will be vastly different from urban areas, and cities will be different from suburbs--so there's no way to get any good answer unless you tell us where you are. 

• 1 month ago

Depends where in the world you're looking to rent; rent costs vary hugely. 

Generally look to spend, if you can, no more than 1/3 or 1/2 of your income.

• 1 month ago

Where? That in central London would be £2,500 a month and in a scruffy part of Newcastle, £350. Location adds more to the price than what it is, a flat in a desirable place is more than a house in an undesirable place.

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

depends on where, apartments in NY city are a lot more expensive than apartments in Kalamazoo MI

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.