What are your expectations for 2021?

• James

I'm assuming you're asking what I think will actually happen in 2021, rather than what I hope will happen. Getting that distinction cleared up and out of the way:

I think Biden will succeed in getting most people vaccinated by the end of the year. It's too soon to say whether life will return to normal (or what normal even means). But at least on paper the virus will be under control.

The economy will be a bigger challenge. Many businesses already went under in 2020. Millions have lost their jobs, lost their insurance, and are facing eviction. And the Federal Debt for the 2021 fiscal is year is projected to be the largest since WWII. Biden will be blamed for this even though he had nothing to do with it. But things will look better in 2022, 2023, and 2024.

In the rest of the world, we can hope to see an end to the conflicts in Yemen and Sudan.I am much more concerned about China. Xie Jing Ping is not even pretending anymore. He's basically gone full dictator. And he's surrounded by other dictators, namely Vladmir Putin, Kim Jong Un, and Rodrigo Duterte. Xie Jing Ping's administration has a lot of opposition from the people, especially in Taiwan, Tibet, Xinjiang, and Hong Kong, but he has the strength of the Chinese military behind him. In addition, his administration has been very successful in adopting technology to enforce their power and control.

Talking of Chinese military, it's also very concerning is the fact that China has encroached on land claimed by India. While border disputes have gone on for centuries, it seems to have gotten a lot more tense lately. Between China's internal problems and its conflict with India, 2021 could be a very interesting year for that part of the world.

As for me, I want to be healthier this year and more productive in my creative endeavors. I will not succeed completely, but I will not fail completely either. As usual I will half-a$$ everything I do and somehow get by.

I do hope it will be safe enough to travel again. Having stayed in town all of 2020, I could definitely use a vacation; maybe even travel to Turkey or Greece, if time and budget permits.

• Dan

low expectations as always I just like living life one day at a time and seeing what happens.

whats 2021??????