What do I do if my parents disown me and make me live on the street because they find out that I am gay?

I’m only 16 I can’t live on my own.  

• reme_1
    Favorite Answer

Contact the LGBT ctr.!!!! It is illegal to throw a child out if his home. Also talk to your school guidance counselor of teacher that you trust. Your police dept (if in a big city) might have a gay group of police officers. Ask to soeak to them. Meet some gay adults just in case you need their help. It is important that you have a plan- just in case. Have a bag packed. Save up some money. And know who to call in case your parents do something stupid.  I wish yiu well.  Reach out to people who can help you in an emergency. HUGS from a senior lesbian

the individual who told you to contact the LGBT is not someone you should listen to contact child protective services as they are correct it is not legal to throw your child on the street that is criminal neglect.

and you're going to want to check to see if your state has any emancipation laws as it might be possible for you to use their actions to become your own legal guardian at age 16 which would allow you to get a job and also get a house.

the second thing that you should do is to attempt if you can to sue your parents for emotional abuse.

Gay is a choice and being trans is not bigot

• T J

I have a empty room waiting for you.

That's not going to happen. Deep down your parents love you and you know that.

1st choice-Don't choose to be homosexual.

2nd choice-Find a family who will accept you.

3rd choice-Get a lawyer to defend you, Pro Bono.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=trp&hsi...

Don't tell them about your sexual preferences till you're old enough to live on your own. Don't break their hearts now.

• not

I lived in a car, garage or whatever. I worked hard to start my life and by age 22 bought my first house. My exiting the home wasn't for something like yours. It was more about things relating to poverty, misery, abuse and hunger. No doubt had I fallen in line I could have stayed but I knew there was nothing there for me. Being a closeted competent person to just live in such a place had no upside. Do you have a decent home if you just fall in line or is it time to go? I was already practicing being competent as young as 10, earning instead of playing, working odd jobs and such. Perhaps consider that sex is a back seat issue. Priorities out of wack perhaps? 

Just stay closeted for now. Your ticket out of this is college. So work hard in school and get good grades!  Go to a gay friendly one far from home where you can be out on the down low. Either that or join the military after high school or pick a good trade school. Only be out once you are on your own and paying your own bills.

🥴

Are you genuinely telling the truth? Or bs-ing?

Find the nearest homeless shelter and make it your lifes mission to survive. 

We do the same in the Poor class.