windows 7 pc won't connect to wireless?

It was doing great for years but one morning it wouldn't connect and the monitor went to sleep. I pressed the windows key and it said input was out of range. Computer won't go into safe mode. Can someone please help? I have looked on internet for help but found none. I'm using a laptop right now.

I have keep it updated all the time. I use security essentials. How do I get to safe mode if F8 doesn't work?

the monitor keeps going to sleep but no picture.

• David

You’ll need to take it to a tech, there isn’t any helpful information you’ve given that we can advise on. It isn’t even clear whether the monitor is working or not, if possible try and connect it to a different monitor to see if you can get a picture.

First thing you always need to do is to restart the computer.

Input out of range means  that resolution somehow changed:There have not been no updates for already couple years for windows 7 PC from Microsoft .So, it might be, malware,that changed something in your computer.PC,probably,did not have malware protection.