Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Best ways to lose weight fast as a teen?

I wanna lose weight before I go back to school which will be in like a month. How could I lose at least 10-20 pounds before then? I have been exercising for a couple of days and diet for at least 2 weeks or 3. I know it's not enough time for a big difference but I wanna at least to start. I'm not a very active person since lockdown I couldn't do football like i would normally do 2 times a week or PE at school. In a lockdown, I just ate and literally no activity at all which I think is my downfall. I'm a very lazy person who likes food and finding it hard about exercising and dieting and staying consistent or motivated. please give me my best diet option and excercise. im 13 and nearly 14. :) 

• .

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a calculator like this one https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to determine about what your calorie intake should be. You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term. Remember that as your activity level and/or your weight changes, your calorie needs change too. So, check the calculator as your weight goes down or your activity goes up or down, so you continue to consume calories at a level that will help induce fat loss.

.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, YouTube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride.

.

When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose.

.

How to lose weight has been asked/answered here in various ways, literally THOUSANDS of times. That's why there's a search feature at the top of the page. There should be no need for anyone to type another answer to that question, because all the information is already available, if you just do a quick search.

.

Good luck!

• Murzy

Join weightwatchers

Only eat during an 8 hour period. Fast the other 16.