Jim2
Jim2 asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

So what can a victim of bullying do? What are some general ways to stop being bullied?

I have a young female friend that is undergoing this.

This is taking place at work.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Where is this bullying taking place? If it's at school, someone need to notify the school authorities. They are being held responsible for bullying at school these days. If it's at work, her boss needs to be notified. Now- when someone presents themselves as confident and competent, and when they can laugh at themselves, it's much less likely that they will be bullied. But that does not excuse those who are bullying her.

I'm going to say this only because I've seen some questions on here where people are misusing the term "bullying"-- if anyone touches her, it's assault, not bullying. If it's a boss, it's harassment, and can be reported to a supervisor or HR. If it's kids giving her a hard time on the play ground, then whatever adults are involved need to be told. 

You need to report it to higher ups.