Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Why do I get nausea and dizzy after a long hot bath? ?

It almost take me 20 mins to move cause I feel like I have to puke. I am 50 so please don't say it's pregnancy. It happens all of the time 

• Kerri

Long baths in too hot water raise your blood pressure and heart rate. Long hot baths feel great but aren’t great on the body. When you stand up to I get out of the hot bath, the sudden change from lying to standing and the sudden loss of body heat/shock of cooler room air causes the blood pressure to suddenly drop and heart rate to go down, all of it too suddenly is a perfect recipe for dizziness and nausea as your system tries to accommodate all that’s going on in your body but being unable to do so. The dizziness and nausea are jus symptoms of the body’s inability to compensate. It’s best to take warm, not hot baths, or if you love them too much to completely give up then shortening the hot bath to no more than 15-20 minutes, draining the tub after bath and before you stand up and then standing up as slowly as possible while bracing your hand on the wall or a handrail while standing will all help you avoid these symptoms.

Source(s): Nurse

maybe you should see your doctor about it