Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 1 month ago

My aunt, who’s 73, friended me on Facebook. But not only is she already my friend, but has 2 other accounts (no profile pic)?  Are they fake?

I assume her only REAL page is the one where I’m friends with her (she has a profile pic).  But on the other two where we have several mutual friends, she has no profile pic (aside from a cover photo on one of the pages), as well as the photo-less friend request I received from her today.

FYI - on her real page where we’re friends, she’s friends with one of her fake profiles.  Should I report all three pages, or is the one where she’s friends with herself, really her page?

• 1 week ago

actually you need to be careful who you accepting as friends on FB because if your aunt has 1 account and other are unknown doesnt have no photos pictures or information that look like remade has no informations on it that theyre fakes and doesnt belong to your aunt. more likely  they are using by hackers . be careful with that that like not only you accepting their add as new friends also stealing your info and hack you to steal your password and your user names . your aunt is too old for having facebook . facebook has age's rules about able to sign up . maybe your aunt doesnt have a accout real one  . i would make sure you ask her by on phone ask her if she own or have a account if not then can be 3 fakes hackers who stolen her information by credit cards or bank accounts. 

You maybe should look into how her health and wellbeing is,1 of my nephew's has 5 account,he has not saved the passwords or written them down,so when he is on the booze he cannot remember the passwords,so opens up another account,and when the booze has worn off,he does not remember the passwords of that account,so is she on medication or memory slipping,so definitely see how her health is.

• Steven

I think a Facebook profile has created mistakenly, but now she wants to use it or her profile pic account blocked by Facebook. There are many cases for creating multiple accounts, so you have to discuss with Aunt.

When a friend you have in your lists attempts to friend you it is most often a scam which goes like this. The new fake friend will message you and try to get you to send them money for some bogus reason. Just to be sure you can ask her if she sent another request. 

Ask her, not us

• Lv 7

call her and ask.

• ?

The only way to find out would be to Ask your Aunt I Doubt she would have 3 Pages but you never know 

• i + i

She may have been hacked... I get 

friend requests all the time from fake 

accounts that are clones of friends or 

family members who are not careful.  

You could report them all, but I think 

you should first contact your aunt 

directly (in person, phone, or email) 

and ask her if she is aware of this. 

• Murzy

She may have started them by mistake.