Why are my parents allowed to borrow my reusable grocery bags without asking me first? I paid for them out of my own money?

They're borrowing them. They're not stealing them and then throwing them away.

Don't be petty.

• Reusable bags cost a buck or two.  Willing to wager mommy and daddy pay for meals you eat at home, and willing to bet that your share costs more than a buck or two.

It's their house, but if you paid for them with your hard-earned money....it's yours. You do not have to give it to them. Keep it stored away from their presence, and if they demand to use them, remember that you paid for it with cash that was under YOUR name, not theirs. Let them buy their own bags. 

Really? Isn't this kind of petty? 

• Kate

I  guess you have been happy to live with them for years and let them pay for everything?

cause theyre your parents, just ask them to ask you first

Why are you so sensitive about such trivia?  You may be during your adolescence. That will make sense. Because you are overwhelmed with defiance to prove yourself.  The most easily found rival is your parents. It also has no harm due to their love for you even you are rude enough. It's natural and easy to accept. Try to understand your parents. Maybe when you have a child you will feel understanding them well.

Because they're your parents, the bags aren't worth a lot of money and you probably didn't grow up as an orphan in a mud hut.

they probably think they can cause theyre your parents

They assume because you use all their stuff that they paid for, you wouldn't mind them using your bags.