Why are my parents allowed to borrow my reusable grocery bags without asking me first? I paid for them out of my own money?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

They're borrowing them. They're not stealing them and then throwing them away.

Don't be petty.

• Reusable bags cost a buck or two.  Willing to wager mommy and daddy pay for meals you eat at home, and willing to bet that your share costs more than a buck or two.

• 1 month ago

It's their house, but if you paid for them with your hard-earned money....it's yours. You do not have to give it to them. Keep it stored away from their presence, and if they demand to use them, remember that you paid for it with cash that was under YOUR name, not theirs. Let them buy their own bags. 

• 1 month ago

Really? Isn't this kind of petty? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I  guess you have been happy to live with them for years and let them pay for everything?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause theyre your parents, just ask them to ask you first

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why are you so sensitive about such trivia?  You may be during your adolescence. That will make sense. Because you are overwhelmed with defiance to prove yourself.  The most easily found rival is your parents. It also has no harm due to their love for you even you are rude enough. It's natural and easy to accept. Try to understand your parents. Maybe when you have a child you will feel understanding them well.

• 1 month ago

Because they're your parents, the bags aren't worth a lot of money and you probably didn't grow up as an orphan in a mud hut.

• 1 month ago

they probably think they can cause theyre your parents

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They assume because you use all their stuff that they paid for, you wouldn't mind them using your bags. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.