Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

help with latin?

I submitted an assignment and got this feedback (below), could someone help me with the correct translations? I wrote what my original answers were in the brackets; thanks so much in advance!

-Please provide the correct translation of "multum agit" by paying close attention to "agit" [did a lot]-Please provide the correct translation of "equos agit" by paying close attention to "agit" and the "os" ending on "equos" [drove a horse]-Please provide the correct translation of "praedam agit" by paying close attention to "agit" [carried off loot]-Please provide the correct translation of "causas agit" by paying close attention to "agit" [pleaded cases]-Please provide the correct translation of "gratias agunt" by paying close attention to "agunt" [gave thanks]-Please provide the correct translation of "de officiis populorum Romanorum agit" by paying close attention to "agit" [carried on duties]-Please provide the correct translation of "vitam bonam agit" by paying close attention to "agit" [lived a good life]

Why have you translated the Present tense verb "agere" throughout as if it were Past tense?