Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What is the best way(s) to marinate boneless chicken breasts to get them flavorful?

I will be baking the chicken.

Whenever I use salad dressing to marinate them, I let them marinate for 2 hours, but the flavor comes out very subtle and barely there.

I've read that poking the chicken with a fork ahead of time will help the dressing to get deeper in the chicken and flavor it.

Are there any other good tips?

• Anton

There are hundreds of thousands of recipes for chicken breast.

"Best" way depends on YOUR tastes.

The marinade depends on the recipe.

My Alice Springs Chicken is marinaded with Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, and lemon juice.

Grilled Malibu Chicken is marinated with pineapple juice, butter, BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, honey, molasses, Worcestershire and Arizona Gunslinger sauces.

Both are cooked on the Barbie, for just seven minutes.

• Kieth

Tendering them with a meat mallet first, then mix a cup of white wine with your salad dressing.

You don’t use salad dressing as a marinade. Salad dressing isn’t strong enough. Salad dressing is for salads. You need a marinade which has bolder flavor. It has more garlic, pepper, salt, herbs than salad dressing. 

🥴😊

Marinate it over night in the fridge. 2 hours are not enough. Hence why the flavor is light.

Also... ingredients with stronger flavors are your best bet. 

We usually use soy sauce, onions, garlic, sugar and ajinomoto salt (salt enhancer or msg).

You can use anything. But the trick is to marinate it over night. If you do 2 hours, make sure you use strong and undiluted sauces.