I’m currently a Marine, what would happen if they found out I have asthma? ?

I have had asthma symptoms past the age of 13. I’ve been to the hospital for asthma at 15 I believe. I have had wheezing cases. However before boot camp I worked my *** off to become a Marine. Got through boot camp no problem but at MCT one night on our hike I could barely breathe. The instructors had to take me on the HMMWV the rest of the hike. And recently here I am at MOS school I have random cases where I start wheezing. Should I come clean I’m legitimately scared. All I wanted was to serve and earn the title but as a riflemen first let’s say I go on a combat deployment it would be bad to put the unexpected on my fellow Marines. Someone just give it to me straight would they throw my *** in the brig or something? 

If they can prove you had it before you joined they can kick you out for fraudulent enlistment.   What they do to you after that is up to them.   

You were never in ANY branch of the armed forces. It is IMPOSSIBLE you were hospitalized for Asthma at 15 and got through basic without that being known.

• Daniel

You need to come clean.  At some point, this is going to negatively affect you healthwise (do you really want to be intubated or dead?).  Even worse, if you were to have an asthma attack while conducting operations, it will affect the mission and could end up getting someone else killed.

They are not going to waste their time and money throwing you in the brig or court martialing you.  If they want to get rid of you, they are going to take the most expeditious route, probably an entry level separation if that is still an option, and be done with you.  

Latinos would take your place for healthcare

I have real trouble believing that instructors gave you a ride in a vehicle when you were clearly not medically fit to continue. That's what those exercises (hike or whatever test) are designed to weed out.

However, going along with your story: You will be found out if you don't volunteer the information.

The VERY, VERY best outcome for you will be an ELS if you served less than six months. The discharge reason will be something to the effect of "not medically qualified for military service, pre-existing condition". The worst outcome for you is if the service desires to court-martial you for fraudulent enlistment.

In any event, it's unlikely that you will ever serve in another US military service as you will be flagged.

• Mrsjvb

You committed fraudulent enlistment.  That’s a felony.  It will go worse for you if you continue to lie/hide about it.  

Marines have something called Integrity.  You are no Marine.  

you would be medicslly separated

if you lied about asthma when enlisting, you would probably get a general discharghe, they usually won'tg take the time to court martial you for fraudulent enlistment-- then its not the brig you gotta be worried abpout, its hard prison time

The important thing is your health and symptoms now,  not when you were a child.  At this point in your position, I would deal with the present, not the past.  If you get a medical discharge, well, you did the best you could.  

But you have to do your own investigation and decide for yourself.

Happens again you will be sent to medical, you can then be kicked out for fraudulent entry because you lied when joining. Doesn’t look good on a resume or if there is a background check for the job you need to find when you get kicked out. It’s all up to you whether you want to be a man about it and own up or just hope your a** doesn’t get caught always looking behind you and putting the others at risk. 

Of course you need to come clean! What the **** do you think is going happen if you experience an asthma attack while deployed in combat!? You're a ****** selfish idiot who lied about your health just to serve.