Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it even possible for my parents to put me in foster care just because they think that I’m out of control? ?

I’m 13, I don’t listen to my parents, I hang out with 18+ year olds who they disapprove of and I hit/smack my little brother who’s 9 when he annoys me. I also skip school whenever I want. My parents threaten to  put me in a foster home cuz I don’t want to listen to them. I thought that foster care is only for abused kids. I come from a normal home except they keep telling me what to do so I don’t want to listen

No the cant. Kids can only get taken away due to neglect or abuse.  If a parent tries to surrender them then its seen as abandonment and they can get prosecuted.

Not sure if there is a choice of foster care for trolls.

Yes, I think that judges and CPS workers will try to work with the parents first, but it is possible for parents to put a child into the system if they cannot manage their behaviors. 

• garry

why not , you are violant towards your younger brother , dont do as your told , and you think you are normal , be glad if you moved out and let the so called foster parents have the headache . another troll question .

i think its possible since youre hitting your little brother

Nope that’s a crime report them to cps

From what you've stated here, there's an excellent chance that if your parents try to have you made a ward of the State, and place you in a foster home, they'll have no problem in doing so. It's time for you to think about growing up mentally as you may be doing physically. 

• GB

It's normal for parents to tell their kids what to do. They could also say you are abusing your brother, and you could end up in a reform school. Maybe you feel justified in punishing him if he annoys you - You don't consider that he's just following your example - because you certainly annoy your parents.

Your parents can give you away at your age. Why don’t you want to listen? And why do you think it’s ok to hit your little brother? Have you ever thought that they might be telling you what to do so that you can grow up to be a strong, independent adult? And surely you’re annoying the sh!t out of your parents with your attitude. Would it be ok for them to hit you because they’re annoyed? No, it wouldn’t. So it’s not ok for you to do that either. 

If you're asking if it's legally possible, that would depend on the laws of your state. But perhaps what this really is, is two parents who are frustrated and at their wit's end having to deal with a child who is doing everything in their power to make things difficult for them while getting their own way, and making empty threats simply because they don't know what else might work. You, as the focus of this issue, COULD make things easier for all concerned, but only if you want to. If you don't, the problem continues and no one ends up happy.