Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is my social anxiety hopeless?

I got a feeling I will keep avoiding everything in my life till death. Today I avoided something important again just because I couldn't get myself out there to confront strangers who will undeniably think i'm ugly, useless, dumband weird.

I definitely understand you. I know what its like having social anxiety sometimes. When you feel people are judging you each second you spend outside your home. Do know why those thoughts occur? Its because you think of them yourself, possibly daily in order for you to reach to social anxiety. You probably don't sit down and say I am ugly etc. Your heart and mind dose. You, my friend believe that, when nobody ever told those things about you. You feel that type of way about yourself not them . Just think about it. Listen to what you brain says about you. Is it negative or is it positive thinking about you. I don't know what gender you are, but I know you are a human. A human that is made wonderfully by our God, Jesus Christ. I know you look wonderful and you have beauty weather its inside or outside. YOU DON'T NEED TO DEPEND ON OTHERS TO FIND YOUR BEAUTY OR WHATEVER. My Lord Created you.  Now! I want you to look in mirror and say I love myself and I am beautiful!!!   I hope this helped! Here a verse that helps me! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."- Psalm 139:14

Source(s): Don't let social anxiety control you!

I'm right here with you, my social anxiety is really bad and sometimes I get panic attacks. I want you to know you aren't alone. Some people you might even know face social anxiety in their lives at some point. So don't feel like an alien compared to others. But you should know that a lot of the things you fear people will think about you isn't even true. It may seem like you are in the spotlight but to them, they could care less. 

You have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. I would start by doing at least one thing a day that makes you uncomfortable with the intention with feeling uncomfortable. Over time it stop feeling uncomfortable. Due to the pandemic, most people are walking around with masks, so maybe try that so people can't see your face.

I have similar problems

I wish I could just die in my sleep really.

Find things that will build you up. Find groups or forums you can take part in.

People anxious about a significant goal will often engage in unproductive behaviors (email, social media, trivial errands—anything other than getting down to business) to avoid that discomfort, only to feel more distressed as time passes and no progress on the goal has been made.

A high-stress environment may be a boon rather than a bane for some. According to new research published in the Journal of Individual Differences, some anxious individuals can use that experience to motivate themselves.

Well, there is one thing that you can't avoid....  and that is death it's self!

So I suggest you just stop worrying about nothing.  The rest of us manage.

Give a try.

Thanks

• Alfred

NO, it isn't hopeless...it can be cured or at least treated.

it has to be a real- life, responsible, highly professional decision whether to use prescription drugs and/ or psychological treatment or other techniques to improve your state of soul and mind.

besides/ beyond anything else- your practicing some kind of outdoors sport could definitely help you improve 

• Andy C

As long as you label it such, yes.

The sooner you seek treatment (therapy, perhaps even medication), the sooner you can atart enjoying life.

• Rick B

As long as you have that attitude, yes, your social anxiety is hopeless.