Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

When all the troops come home, what can they do for work in the USA?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I went to work in the Medical Field after I got out

A friend of mine became a police officer

Another friend teaches at the University level

My cousin started his own trucking company 

Point is we do the same jobs as anyone else

• Joe
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

This is not like WW2.  Nobody is getting discharged.  Most who come home will still be in the military.  Those who choose to get out usually find a good job.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Military people have gained discipline and good ethics...........a lot of what employers are looking for.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Come home from where?

If you are talking about drawdowns in war zones or other overseas locations, those troops just get moved to a different base.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The question is: "When all the troops come home, ..."

Who is "all"? Trump ordered all US troops out of Afghanistan.  They will return to the US or other overseas locations. They aren't that many, maybe 10,000 or less. They will continue in their service until their end of enlistment.

Trump ordered that the troops in Germany be downsized. Those troops will either be reassigned to NATO countries further east or elsewhere.

Basically, there is no "...all the troops" to further account for.

"...come home," is misleading. Many of those troops referred to as leaving some place, say Afghanistan are NOT returning to the US, but just redeploying or being assigned to some other place,not the USA homeland.

• 1 month ago

huh?

when threy come home, they are still in gthe military

this isn't vetnam

• 1 month ago

Don't worry, with the dems in office, they'll have new deployments soon.

• 1 month ago

Home from deployment or separated from their service branch and back to their home town? 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They can do pretty much anything.  Depends on their skills, talents, and interests.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.