Would you consider it a good use of your time to read all day? ?

Would you consider it a good use of your time to read all day, and have a sense of fulfillment from making use of your time like this? Wouldn’t it be better to learn a language instead? Also, would playing video games all day be any different? I am asking to confirm my opinions on this matter. 

Favorite Answer

Not every day all day, but sometimes it is nice. 

Reading does has plenty of benefits. It's a good way to enrich your vocabulary. It's mental stimulation. It can help with memory improvement. It gives you access to new insights and perspectives, and many more things. 

Even in learning a new language having books in that language is helpful.

When you have finished your work or on a holiday, yes. Do whatever makes you happy in your spare time, be it reading, playing, sleeping etc. You don't have to be productive 24/7. If you enjoy something, do it. Trying too hard to please others just makes you burnt out and hate yourself.

Nearly all of my reading is on this computer screen.  The rest is reading the crawler on the bottom of the news channels.

Well, if you are only interested in yourself, perhaps. However, most physically-abled people find true fulfillment in serving others. A better solution would be to focus on yourself part of the day/week, and doing something for, or on behalf of, someone else part of the day/week.

Yes, if I had someone to lay on😊