Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Is it rude to constantly point out people's mistakes?

Somebody loves to constantly point out my mistakes or tell me what to do.  Should I tell them that it is rude to constantly point out mistakes or correct people?

P.S. I'm not gonna say "it is wrong to correct people" or "it is wrong to tell people what to do" because those are hypocritical things to say.

Depends on how you do it, what their mistake was, how often you do it, and your relationship

An example where it would be okay-You tell someone "you forgot your phone" because you aren't making them feel bad and they will likely say "oh thanks"

An example when it would be wrong-You overhear coworkers using swear words and you tell them "you're not supposed to swear at work".  That isn't your business, you are not their boss, it doesn't benefit them

Not if you're their parent and do it in private. 

It depends on the relationship between the people concerned, and also on what the mistakes are. If you keep on making the same mistake, it's not surprising if the other person keeps  pointing it out.

I think rude or not, depends on  the way a person points out people's mistakes. 

When it is said kindly, so it's easier to accept criticism and as long as it's fair. 

Also there are persons who point out people's mistakes only for to be right, in this last case even if it's said kindly, it is not acceptable¯\_(ツ)_/¯