Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Who started idea that men and women can't live without eachother?

I think the idea is sexist

• Foofa

No one's ever said that and in fact some of our most lauded thinkers and writers were celibate monks and priests. It just used to be that men and women couldn't procreate without "eachother", but even that has been erased by modern medical science. 

• Bill

How in the world is an equal dependency argument sexist? lol

If someone says men and women need each other they are treating both sexes equally and making a statement that equally applies to both. You should learn what the word sexist means, you clownish fool. 

Feminist who risk losing their welfare or allimony.

• Elana

Biology sucks, doesn't it?

If it wasn't encoded into our genes, we wouldn't have made it through the evolutionary invention of sexual reproduction millions of years ago.   The "highest" form of life on the planet would probably be invertebrate, sea going and the vast majority would be unicellular.

There might be some intelligence, but it doesn't seem likely.  Sexual reproduction has allowed species to evolve more quickly when faced with changes in environment, and sexually select the mutations that give them advantage.

You could make the argument that we don't need the other sex for anything other than reproduction (a much more contentious argument), but the biological requirement is a *HUGE* part of our instincts, sometimes evening trumping (can we still use that term?) basic survival.  That is, parents of many species will sacrifice their lives to allow their children (genes) to live on.

Yes, individual behavior can not follow instinct, but it usually takes a lot of work and the behavior doesn't continue beyond the individual unless the next generation is trained.

Only women they play the feminine game so well

Men and women still can’t live without each other. 

• OTTO

It was actually me, Otto, who started the idea. I am sorry you are offended. I take it back.

The innermost messages in the coding of our genes. However; not all messages lying there are the same.  

No matter what the message in your genes are that other person is who you need.; it might be; how long is up to you. There are things our coding will not do for us, as in making up our minds for us.

No it's true 💓 and I hate these stupid articles on the feed!!!!!!!!😡😠😠😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 .  No one feel like me I'm quiet as heck and a failure  so for me is like sweet 🧁 feeling for me like something nice in life. don't know what but I know this is true . I can't live without him either.  Lot of people feel this just life blessed etc. But I'm trying to escape and don't care all that stuff and need break from family 

Nobody. It's biology. It's coded into our DNA. It's propagation of the species, baby!