Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Leak on roof?

My roof is leaking and its the first time, why is the water yellow? could it be the sewage of the neighbors above me or is it a mix of materials from the construction?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Do you mean your ceiling is leaking instead of your roof?  If someone lives above you, they would have access to the roof if they're on the top floor, and you have access to a ceiling which divides the floors of the building.  How does the water smell?  That would be a clue as to what the leakage consists of.

• G
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If it's only on the roof and not through it, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends upon the size of his bladder.   Chances are your leak is bigger than a pee.  Get up there and visually trace out the leak path

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Let's be clear - if you have an upstairs neighbor - then your ceiling is leaking - not your "roof".  It is only a "roof" leak if the roof is the next thing above your ceiling.

This means that the leak is most likely from a plumbing issue and you need to notify your landlord ASAP.

The color is caused by the materials in the ceiling and is not an indication of the source of the leak.  You are not seeing "pee" or any kind of sewage.  (you would smell it if it was a sewage leak of some kind)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The stain will be from the insulation or fire proofing between you and your neighbor..

• 1 month ago

you would know if it is the sewer.. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.