What is this pin? Not quite an R-clip.?

Both shafts are supposed to go through holes simultaneously. Unfortunately one is bent and doesn't fit. I need to figure out what it's called in order to replace it.


This pin is supposed to lock the handlebar of a hand truck into position. I am sure of what it's supposed to do because there is another pin on the other side. There are several pairs of holes for locking the bar at different angles, so no room for an outside pin like an R-clip.

Update 2:

Not a cotter pin or anything else intended to bend. This is a pair of thick, rigid bolts.

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Cotter key or cotter pin.

  • 1 month ago

    Put in a new cotter pin.Give us more to go on. Brand name and model number if you have it might tell us what you're looking at. The guys at the hardware store might help you if you take your dolly to them. The pin you showed in the pix might be corrected with pliers, if you know how to use them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.