?
? asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 month ago

How many of you took up motorcycling in middle-age? Was your wife hesitant in granting her approval?

No, I got it all in my wild years. My wife wouldn't have married me back then. When I quite riding, my wife came to the junkyard with me to dump the rust-hulk I used to love. It was a quiet ride in the truck.

• David

Ive been riding for 56 years, ever since i was 12.

I learned to ride and got my first motorcycle when I was in my twenties. Never sought approval from anyone.  Today, (at least when covid passes) my wife loves to ride with me.

• adam

no Im not in that group. Been building and riding since i was a lot younger.  Never cared what anyone thought. I live my life for me . 

Been riding, off-and-on, since I was 22 .   Now, at  64, I wouldn't   even have Proposed If I though I needed my fiancé's "approval".  Deal-Breaker.

Get Her to ride With you

I have been Riding Motorcycles continuously since 1953

had a Girlfriend some 30 years ago say you are too old to be riding Motorcycles yes she became my Ex that day

• Scott

I used to ride before I got married, then I quit because we were raising three kids and I was building a career. When the kids were grown and flew the coop, I bought a motorcycle and started riding again. I recently had to give it up for medical reasons, but my wife never gave me any grief about it. Not that I needed her to "grant" me her approval.