in chuck roast crock pot recipe that calls for hidden valley ranch dressing in the powdered form can a package of ranch dip be substituted?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The powdered form is preferable [similar to onion soup powder], the ranch dip will separate in the stock and may make it unpleasant. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can substitute it, but i do not know what the eventual result would be, or why you would want that result. 

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

So far there is no mention of the fact that you needn't choose to use either the dressing or the dip. Neither is absolutely necessary for flavorful results. Recipes aren't a "law" that you must always abide by. Naturally you want lots of flavor.You can choose for yourself what to use  that what might work better. Either fresh,or dried these are  the spices I'd recommend:rosemary,thyme,marjoram,garlic,salt,pepper,oregano,tomato paste.Recipes can be a good guide,but it pays to think for yourself.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it can be substituted.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes.   You're obviously not picky about food so any brand of ranch packet should be fine.  Doesn't matter whether it's dressing or dip - pretty much the same thing.  What's different is the stuff you would add to it like buttermilk or sour cream or yogurt or mayo...

That's an odd pot roast recipe IMO...

• 1 month ago

Personally, I would not use either but I am not a fan of seasoning packs like that. 

But there is not much difference in the ingredients in the dip VS the dressing. It is the ingredients that make the dip or the dressing that changes it from a dip to a dressing. 

So use the dip mix

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would use it - not that much difference. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.