nola asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Hopeless and Giving up?

I’m 28, and I feel like I’ve wasted my life. Been working jobs the past few years and while I am grateful, I feel that I’ve been wasting my time.

Haven’t been able to keep a job because of my attitude and holding on to things that will never be. 

The only dreams I ever had were to rap , play football or have my own business as a kid

Now that I’m pushing 30 I feel that I should have planned better or took more chances 

I feel like giving up because honestly there’s no hope for me at this point. No dreams or goals. I always procrastinate or don’t go through with simple things like writing music. 

I don’t know what to do and I don’t wanna end up killing myself but lately that’s the only option I have for myself 

I feel like I’m always letting myself as well as my family down. And I feel if my brother and I live with each other much longer I will rub off on him and everything that he’s worked for, dreams, etc will be no more because he’s around me 

You are still so young. It's all relative right? As I approach a certain age, I think to myself "oh it's actually not as old as I used to think, when I was younger." Regardless, life is now. In this very moment. Life is not yesterday or tomorrow. It's now. Whenever your thoughts are taking over, take notice if you're thinking about something in the past or something in the future. Then stop, and focus on the now. Are you okay in that moment? And if you are, just focus on that moment. Also, when you start to feel down about yourself be aware of those thoughts that are causing you emotional pain. Ask yourself, "what emotion am I feeling right now?" Then ask yourself "where do I feel it in my body?" Once you acknowledge what you're feeling in that moment, you can accept it and then let go of the thoughts that are causing the pain. Take a breath. Everything comes together eventually.  

Do you know Jesus Christ? The Lord gives expectation and "all beneficial things come from above." Pray for God's favoring on your music and write to commend Him. Show your sibling the methods of the Lord and his life will be full too. The Lord advises us to project our considerations on Him and He will see us through these difficult stretches. He can open entryways that no simple man can open for you. He can give you favor with others that you never could comprehend or do all alone. IT IS WRITTEN, that "He didn't give us a feeling of dread, yet of adoration, of force and of a sound brain." You are attempting to satisfy others, rather than satisfying God. God made us to satisfy Him. That way to do beneficial things that make Him satisfied.

I feel you. I don’t know what to do

You have until the age of 80 years ago, and not half way through your life.

My life is the one that is ABSOLUTELY AWEFUL.

I have autism, a massive heart problem that no one takes any notice of, am affected by hot weather severely, stuck unable to go out, dealing with sound sensitivity issues, having problems with allergies, having problems with sleep deprivation caused by these problems and then I have been through constant conflict and fighting with people due to them being abusive ad so on.

The only reason I continue trying, is simply because my heart is going to pack up soon; and I may as well just finish off living the rest of my life.  But it sucks like ****.

I have all kinds of illness and all sorts, and the wrong kind of help.

I do not get praised for my efforts, I do not get honored, I do not have anyone look up to me (even though they admit I have unusually high intelligence indeed).

But you know people say to me, as they look at me.... "You are unemployed on Benefits; and don't have to work" and I have been associated with the chav or ned culture etc (maybe because I wear Adidas clothing etc).  I have been called am ungrateful brat behind my back.  They then say that because I am pressuring people for help so that I don't die, that all I do is complain all the time and that I am being ungrateful.

They say that their life is 10 times harder than mine, because they have to go to work.  

They then tell me that I don't know what it was like in the old days, when people never had mobile phones and internet like the younger generation do nowadays (appearing to address me) and then tell me they had it real hard in the old days; going through the war.

10 days later they try and tell me about how good it was in the 'good old days'!

Besides in Israel I saw all the war footage and constant air-raids that they go through, and they have had 10 wars; and there is chavs and rebellious teenagers with mobile phones and crime outside even worse than in the UK, and people get pissed every night and so on there!

I never wasted my life, these people wasted my life; and I am very very tired indeed and secretly I want to die so that I can have a rest in the spirit world.  I am sick of calamity and crisis constantly.  I have emergency numbers everywhere, I have to call my parents for help at night; and then when I need help they moan because I am putting so much burden on them (and they do have a lot of burden put on them, but is not my fault).

I feel I have no chance, no hope and nothing.  I don't know why I am even trying at all; because even my mother threatened to kill herself due to the strain I was putting on her with all of my needs!

Strangely enough, I have found that I do not suffer depression and have high confidence and am not shy etc.

Try me, your life is not screwed at all; you will KNOW when your life is screwed.

I suggest that you seek medical attention.  Oh and I don't commit crime, or get drunk every night or go around causing trouble either.

Do you know Jesus Christ?  It is the Lord who gives hope and "all good things come from above."   Pray for God's blessing on your music and write to glorify Him.  Teach your brother the ways of the Lord and his life will be full also.  The Lord tells us to cast our cares on Him and He will see us through these tough times.  He can open doors that no mere man can open for you.  He can give you favor with others that you never could understand or do on your own.  IT IS WRITTEN, that "He did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love, of power and of a sound mind."  You are trying to please others, instead of pleasing God.  God created us to please Him.  That means to do good things that make Him pleased.

Many are on the same boat as you, no matter the age, please don't get discouraged, it's all about attitude as cliche as that sounds. 

It's a good thing to slip down from the cloud which is piled up with your dreams. At least you didn't fell heavily to broke your leg or butt. God has arranged all hour stuff. Don't be panic. Do you believe in your dreams seriously? Of course not, otherwise you would not come here to raise a question like this. May I ask have you done anything to approach your dreams? Or just wait for an apple pie falling upon your head. (supposed it will not cause collateral damage.) 

Your life just comes close to the expressway. If one person could recognize the potential capability early, (I.e. how many bowls of rice you can eat at a time), he would have achieved sth. at your age.

That meant he know what he wanted. As for you, not the case. It's better to do sth. real than complaining about your fate. It looks a bit late but you still have time.

I am afraid you will enter a stage of love and marriage, and family and children things. That's another kinda dream, isn't it?

Hug your dream tighten, and cherish your life. You have not gone through something special. Be strong!

At least you recognize this & are not in denial.  This is the first step to recovery.  The world is much bigger than what you see around you.  You have so many options to choose from to help you get out of the world you live in.  You don't see any hope but you have choices & options that you are not aware of.  You are not reaching far enough to get the help you need to get you past this rock in the road.  Change your perspective, look at things from a different way. Look at yourself from someone else's point of view.

Do not worry about it.

I'm retired,still do not know what I want to do.

• Kelley

Proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief."

Get back up again.  

Change your attitude.  (People desire humans that are kind.)  Start writing songs.  Start exercising, eating healthy and try out for a local team.  Sell items online.  Finish what you start.  Know that Jesus Christ loves you and it would hurt Him deeply if you killed yourself.  Ask Jesus in your head or out loud to come into your life and guide you.  Read the Bible.  Get married, then have children.  Stop listening to the bad thoughts that come into your mind.  Think good thoughts.