Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 1 month ago

Would you be planning a vacation for July/August right now given COVID19 is still here?

Like this is gonna be the new normal: wearing masks, social distancing, proper sanitation, etc. Even with a vaccine we still have to probably do these things. But my parents are concerned that if someone in my family catches covid that person can't quarantine since we're at a hotel. I haven't been on vacation since March 2020 and am tired. I am thinking of going to LA or Seattle.

Favorite Answer

If someone in your group catches covid and you have all been staying in close quarters in a hotel, then you ALL HAVE TO QUARANTINE.

The reason why covid numbers are skyrocketing is because people are not quarantining when they are supposed to.

Of course, you can still vacation with covid going on. 

- Millions of people fly on a plane every week and there is less than 100 cases of covid attributed to airline travel.

You get covid from CLOSE CONTACT = within 6ft for over 15min within a 24 hour period. 

95% of covid transmission occurs indoors.

We all know that tomorrow is not guaranteed and although we hope "there is always next year" we don't know that for a fact.  So feel free to travel as long as you continue doing what you need to do so that you don't put others at risk. 

Have fun!

Right now I would, the only thing stopping me is stay at home executive enforcement.

i'm planning to enjoy a baby that'll be born in july

I am not the type to go on vacations much, or if I do it isn't very far away because I don't get much time off of work. I would be happy if they would open county fairs and other outside activities back up this summer since many including myself had the vaccination! Without the masks of course! 

Absolutely not. There's no chance the virus will be over safely by the summer.

• Rogue

If you prefer life over death, then stay home. Many of us who normally vacation each year have cancelled any plans until all this Covid problem is over. With changes always taking place by governments around the world, you could end up not being able to get back home for some time. We are all tired of not being able to do the things we normally do, but we have to think of others also. How would you feel if you were responsible for a family member getting Covid.  

• Foofa

Honestly, I wouldn't buy any nonrefundable tickets to anywhere in the world right now. 

• Maxi

" I haven't been on vacation since March 2020 and am tired" Oh por entitled baby.......... EVERYONE is in the same boat and many people are really suffering and you are complaining about a vacation!