Big word rules?

I search on google, I can't find the rules for big word on google, an example Soliterraneous, the teacher explained Sol means solar and terraneous mean the earth are working together in one word. Common rows 3 to 5 depending on the words list. When I read the big word, how I can recognize the big word?

• drip

You want to learn prefixes and suffixes.  And Root words.  

https://www.learnthat.org/pages/view/roots.html

Ther e are many sites to help you with these. Also check your local public library.

It boils down to educating yourself in root words, including a fair bit of Latin and Greek. There was a time when schools taught this as part of vocabulary building, but I guess that's gone the way of cursive handwriting.

Find a few websites that list root words and try to learn new ones every day. Make yourself a document of the ones you add to your knowledge, and alphabetize it. Review it once a week or so, and within six months you'll know quite a bit more about breaking words down into their parts.