New job boss micro manages how long I'm in the restroom ?

I got a job at a call center a few weeks ago. I had to go to the restroom and when you go to the restroom you have to sign off the phone so people don't call you. My new boss is a pretty big micro manager. Apparently, you are only allowed 3 minutes to use the restroom. The only restroom is downstairs so it takes a minute to walk there. Anyway, I was gone for 5 minutes and 13 seconds (my boss said it times us) and my boss was upset. We only get a 1 hour break for lunch. I work 7AM - 4PM and my break is everyday from 9AM - 10AM which is an awful time btw. I'm not sure what to do? Should I just hold it everyday till lunch? What if I need to change a tampon or have stomach issues? To me this is a bit much. I only took this job because I lost my job due to covid. It's honestly causing me more stress then it's worth.

Update: sorry I meant should I just hold it until after lunch meaning until I go home?? 

You should go to the bathroom before your shift starts so that you won't have to go again until your break.  What you do think bus drivers do?

• Scott

Sounds like a great place to work. I'd start looking for another job and quit when you find one.

Uh....having been menstruating for over 30 years, I can tell you that changing a tampon takes virtually zero time.    It's really not a complicated maneuver.

What if you have stomach issues?    Then you have stomach issues.   It's a non-issue if you have a history of appropriate bathroom time consumption the other 364 days of the year which obviously you don't.

Your call center is large enough to have multiple floors but only one toilet?

I think I smell someone with a bathroom fetish, not a disgruntled employee.

If the job is causing you more stress than it's worth, quit.   No one is forcing you to stay there.

• G

Ask for help wiping to speed things up a little.