Why are people so into fake things nowadays?

Does no one care about genuine things anymore? Or is it just a coping mechanism? Or did people just stop caring about everything?

What are your thoughts? 

I'm talking more about social media, friendships, relationships, but you can interpret it as you want. 

Sad how humans can be manipulated to want to aim things that aren't worth it in the long run. Thanks for all the answers! 

Favorite Answer

I suppose boredom and propaganda by the media manipulate people.

For some people FC. I'm certainly not into fake because, I can recognize fake a mile orf. We are all individuals and I guess this gives us all the right to believe what we are told or, not believe it. This guy below now claims he recognized FAKE and goes onto claim that he put an end to so many fake things that would have hurt America and, the American people. :-) 

The true facts are, FAKE as been around for centuries.

the real things scare me

• Ludwig

You are supposed to believe imaginary things about cannibal pizza parlours and lizard aliens if you are  American.  It may be nonsense, but it is patriotic.

Maybe because they cant afford the real thing...

• Marli

What do you mean by "fake things" and 'genuine things"?  Give examples.

The Sun is a genuine source of light and heat. It is not man-made. My light-bulb and space- heater are man-made.  Are they "fake things" because they are not the Sun. Or are they 'fake" because they are not so bright and hot? Or are they "genuine" because I can touch them and they do a rather decent job lighting and heating my room?

Those people have no souls.