Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Senior Citizens, I'm having my Covid vaccination in a few days time - will you all be having one?

• Louie
    Favorite Answer

Well P.P., like "Tentofield" from Australia mentioned, the US  is messed up with corona. That said, I decided a long time ago when this all started that I would wait to see how people react,  it seems like there have been way too many bad reactions to suit me. I'm @ a dangerous age as well but I'm going to wait nevertheless. I'm perfectly comfortable staying home & not going into public places. I do day trading on the stock market & I am in the process of writing my 2nd. book, so I am a very busy camper. I live in California & my doctor has not notified us to get the shot due to the fact that there is a shortage of the vaccine in our area. Therefore, even if I wanted it I still would not be able to get it.  I will be 86yo. in 4 weeks.  "Cheers" mo.

I am a 75 year old Great Grandmother (that doesn't matter) with both a cardiac and kidney issue.  I have been  contacting Kaiser once a week for over a month now to find out when I can get the vaccine.  Every time I call I am told that there is no vaccine available for me yet.  Yet on the news I see hundreds of people in other counties getting the vaccine and many are much younger than I am.  Call the Governors office gets a referral back to my HMO.  Guess I will either have to out live Covid or die.

I was booked to have one and then changed my mind.  It seemed to have been created very rapidly.  I am doubtful about it's safety amongst other things.

• Emdog

I'd like to: I'm American citizen, paid taxes all my life. USA state department has decided expats don't count and we are to "depend on local resources", in my case Thailand. We simply don't matter to gov, in spite of being 5-9 million of us

• Laredo

I have already had my vaccination a fortnight ago, and I am very pleased that I have had it.  The second one will take place in 12 weeks, well hopefully.  I have never been against having the vaccination as we have to do all we can to stop spreading the virus and also keep ourselves safe.

Yes, if its good enough for our Queen and Prince Phillip then its good enough for me, and I will be joining the millions in the UK who have already had the Jab.

People who are now refusing the jab, may find life a bit restricted in the future, especially if they love to travel abroad a lot. 

Source(s): UK resident.
  • Audrey

Just as soon as i can get an appointment at a location i can drive to. I'm old, but i'd like to live a few more years if possible and not die on a ventilator.

Of course I will get one.  Scientific studies show that as this virus mutates (there are already 6 new strains) and gets more deadly, that anyone not vaccinated will die a slow agonizing death.

Well William you're holding a loaded gun to your own head by not getting the vaccine, you say you're not anti vaccer?? you have more chance of getting the virus by not taking it than you have of getting a side affect from taking the vaccine.

i'll be getting mine when the time comes. Australia is into it's 9th day without a new case, listen to the health experts and do as they say, it's not taking away your rights or freedom, it's giving you good advice on how to stay alive.

If, by "senior citizens", you mean "old people", why not say so instead of using twee euphemisms. I refuse to be called a "senior citizen" but happily respond to "grumpy old fart". 

As I am of an age that puts me right in the middle of the danger zone for covid, I will be at the head of the queue when the vaccines become available next month in my country, Australia. Fortunately, covid has not been politicised here  and recommendations are not made by politicians but by health professionals who know what they are talking about. Because of the non-political approach to the problem here, the death rate from covid is one person in 28,237 while in the USA it is one person in 771. Once the vaccine is well established Australia will be one of the first countries in the world to be clear of covid.