Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 month ago

percocets and traveling?

traveling next weekend, can i bring some in a bag (handful)

• MS

The airport security agents (TSA) do not care one bit about your medication, whether you have a prescription for them or not.  They aren't a danger to the plane, and that is what they are looking for.  I carry all of my medications in a travel pill container and have never been questioned about them.  

If you are entering another country, where they may be restricted, then you might have some trouble and might need to provide proof of your prescription.  If you don't have a prescription, then I wouldn't chance it in this case.

If you're traveling domestically, then the TSA  will probably not care at all. I have traveled many times with multiple prescription meds (no narcotics, though) all mixed together in a prescription bottle. That container was in my carry on bag that went through the x-ray machine. No one cared. Never a second look or question.

The thing is, if you act nervous, look suspicious or if you try to hide them, those things WILL get a second, much closer, look.

The TSA agents are really looking for items that are or could be dangerous to the crew, passengers or the plane.

Not on a plane ... sure in a car . Unless you want to hide them where the sun doesn’t shine