Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Think this pandemic will end?

Update:

I fear it wont

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Hopefully it will end within the next year or 2.. as long as people do what they are told to do.. social distance, mask, all that fun stuff, ya know? 

• John
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Did the Black Death of 1348 end ?

Did the great plague of 1666 end ?

Did the Influenza pandemic of 1918 end ?

If it's allowed to run free without vaccines it would end anyway.  BUT it would kill maybe 2% of the world population, about 140 million before herd immunity ends it.  Mostly the elderly. 

With vaccines it will fade away but in my opinion it will take until the end of 2021 before all lockdowns end and the end of 2022 before it's gone.

The problem really arises if and when a new variant appears with a resistance to the current vaccines. That hasn't happened yet but it probably eventually will.

Then it might take another 4 months to develop a vaccine specific to it.  Not as long as it took to develop the current vaccines due to the fact it's a slight mutation but in that time a new pandemic could take hold (not as bad as the present one) so once again we are playing catchup.

It will go in cycles of - new variant, new (smaller) pandemic, temp. lockdown, mass vaccination again, then nothing for six months or so, then a new variant...and so on....

The only consolation is that we will be more prepared and should be able to act faster.

• 1 month ago

The pandemic will never end. Bend over, accept the inevitable.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We’re pretty much screwed anyway you look at it. Even if Covid disappears we still have to deal with all the deaths that global warming 

will cause. Plus the economy will probably never be the same. A lot of people have lost businesses and livelihoods. And in the age of trump domestic terrorism in the U.S is now worse than foreign terrorism. I am far from being a Bible scholar but some people say that all of this was predicted in the Bible. “End times” or whatever. I have a feeling they’re right about that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sure, when enough of the pro-disease morons have died and the rest of us have gained herd immunity

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.  It's only been a year.

• 1 month ago

We're almost to herd immunity now.

• 1 month ago

Yes in due time all things fade and stuff gets better. The 1918 influenza pandemic occurred in three waves, and it left now we have the flu shot, we didn't wear masks all the time after that cleared up, like we do now due to covid! It takes time, continue being safe!

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i hope so, i hate all these shutdowns

• 1 month ago

Yes I do. And things will be normal again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.