I have a NY learner permit that says not for federal purposes.?

Would I be able to use my learners permit to fly to another state? It is the only ID picture I have. 

No. Standard driver's card and non-driver ID cards are as yet substantial for driving and distinguishing proof in the U.S. also, New York state. All-new standard IDs gave after Oct. 30, 2017, incorporate the expression "NOT FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES" to show that they can't be utilized for any U.S. flights or to enter government structures.

The real ID act was suspended until October 2021. Currently, you can use your state ID that does not conform to the real ID act to fly anywhere in the US. Beginning on October 1st, 2021, you’ll be required to have an ID that meets the criteria of the real ID act such as a passport or an enhanced license. 

No you cannot. Because NY is allowing illegal aliens to get drivers licenses and your learner's permit can be used to get one of those licenses, you cannot use it to fly. You need to get an enhanced NYS drivers license when eligible to b e able to fly within the US.

https://www.dhs.gov/publication/green-light-law

• Ron

Not for federal purposes means you cannot use it for ID for federal purposes, like flying

• Anton

"not for federal purposes" means it is not a Federal Real I.D., not good for going on a commercial airline.  For flying you need a  "Real ID" or your Passport or one of various other Federal acceptable IDs.

• !

Its valid as a form of ID, but does not qualify as a permission to operate a motor vehicle under learners conditions outside the state of New York