How to deal with workplace gossip? ?

So, I started working at my new job about 2-3 months ago. 

I have gotten along with everyone greatly. However, it is a work environment that is big on gossip (which I'm not use to). My previous job no one really gossiped because management treated us like robots. 

So, I had mentioned to a coworker that me and my boyfriend were gonna go to Universal Studios since our governor lifted the states stay at home order. She had asked how long have we been together, where we met etc?

So I told her I met him online. She asked which site? I told her craigslist. I never thought it was a bad place to meet people because we've been together for about 6 months now and he has a good job and is a good person. 

So now people out of nowhere call me the craigslist girlfriend. I didn't like that at all. Granted, I didn't tell my coworker that I didn't want her to tell anyone but still the comments are uncalled for especially in the workplace. I told people what's wrong with craigslist? They were silent and one said nothing it's just weird. 

Should I complain to management about this? 

A,

We met on the activity section. 

Favorite Answer

You don't answer personal question.  You don't give anyone anything about which to gossip.

There's nothing you can do now. In any case, presently you understand what your associates resemble. The more response you give, the more probable they'll keep it up

• ?

If you want to continue to get along with your co-workers, don't report this to management.  In the scheme of things, it's pretty insignificant.  Live and learn. Don't discuss details of your personal life with your co-workers unless you want it spread all over the office.

• a

There's nothing you can do now. But now you know what your colleagues are like. The more reaction you provide, the more likely they'll keep it up.

I thought Craigslist had banned personals nationwide. Good for you. I found my partner on Craig's List, too, before the ban. 

What's to complain about?  You were the one that willingly told your coworker how you and your boyfriend met.  If you don't want others talking, don't say anything personal at work.  When I worked, I had plenty of co-employees (very few actually worked), but just a few friends.

Maybe it's time to understand that people you work with are not your friends,  they are acquaintances.  As an employee if something affects your actual job then you talk to your manager.  If it's your inability to stand up for yourself in normal conversation,  that's your problem not your boss's. 

Do your work, forget the rest.