Joseph asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

What's wrong with my tongue?

Currently my taste buds have been inflamed on my tongue since July. I was sexually active in June, however I have taken two STD tests since then (in August and December) both sets came back negative. I had a numb feeling for the first few days (back in July) however my tongue feels completely normal. The bumps haven't gone away and they're mostly the same color as the rest of my tongue. Some near the tip have turned slightly brown. I've been to the doctor and dentist and was suggested to switch toothpastes which I have and to take vitamin B. There hasn't been many changes since I made the suggested changes. Any idea why they're not going away?

A variety of harmless conditions can cause discoloration in your mouth, such as moles, hyperpigmentation, and leakage from your dental fillings. In extremely rare cases, a black spot may be a sign of a type of cancer called oral melanoma. also deficiency in vit B12 may contribute to this spot.

I don't mean to alarm you, but you probably have Covid-19.  Go to a testing center and demand immediate attention.  So sorry.