I’m 18 & super scared I might be pregnant. Please help with any advice!!! :(?

I’m 18 & I think I might be pregnant it’s like my body is telling me I am but I feel like my mind is tricking me. I feel so stressed and all i can do is worry (which may also be the reason I am late or missing a period) I had sex on the 9th of January and I used a contraceptive (condom) I’m not on birth control. 

We check the condom every time to make sure it didn’t break.

Technically I would be 2 weeks and 2 days and I guess that’s when symptoms start? I feel normal my stomach cramped a little. I was supposed to get my period on the 23rd and today I got dark brown blood and it stopped (this happened twice today). 

I’m not really sure what to do I can’t talk to my mom about these things and it sucks. I can’t make myself take a test or even buy one. 

My mom would definitely kick me out if I were to turn up pregnant, my boyfriends mom told him she would take me in and he would support me and the baby and I’m very thankful I just feel I am too young for all of this. 

Would anyone know where I can get free birth control so my mom wouldn’t have to find out about it? Online or something 

I’ve also thought about abortion pills but I know they are very expensive and I am not the type of person to do that but for the baby it would be the best option since I have no way of raising it. 

What is your advice I do?

Please no hate comments I think I’m already going through enough thank you :)

Also about a week ago I experienced very bad pain which I believe was a bruised cervix and now I think I have a mild uti. 

Favorite Answer

Take a deep breath.  Relax.  Condoms are 98% effective, so it is very unlikely you'd get pregnant if you used a condom.

Cycles and periods are not always the same.  Stress, illness, diet, etc. can all impact your cycle.  Any time of bleeding is usually a sign that you are about to shed the lining of your uterus. 

If you have been seen by on ob/gyn, you can contact them.  You can also contact Planned Parenthood or just about any doctor's office or Urgent Care clinic.  You are an adult, so your mother won't get informed about you getting birth control pills -- but she will get the bill or the insurance statement if you don't pay for the services yourself.  

I'd suggest that you:

1. Chill out and wait a week to see if your period comes.

2. Take a home pregnancy test in another week if your period hasn't arrived.

3. Call your doctor's office or look up clinics near you where you could go for birth control.

4. Don't have sex again until you have birth control and or are charting your ovulation so you know when to abstain from sex. 

If you were pregnant, you would not have any symptoms at all at this point.  None.

Generic birth control pills are very inexpensive - $4ish per month from the Walmart pharmacy.

Are you certain you want to be having sex, and aren't doing it just to keep your boyfriend from leaving you? If you are determined to keep having sex, go to a public health clinic and get a prescription, then get it filled and take them every day while your boyfriend continues to use condoms the whole time every time.

Take a pregnancy test. If it's positive, schedule an abortion.

Well don't have sex until ready for a child!

Don't keep the baby unless you are sure you're ready to raise a child. Consider, college, finances, you might not stay with your boyfriend forever even though it seems like love right now. It will also put your body through immense stress and your life will change.

why have sex??????????????

Take a pregnancy test. If you aren't prepared to deal with the possible consequences of sex (pregnancy, STDs) you have no business having sex. Buy a test and take it. You're a legal adult, time to take responsibility for your behavior and the consequences of it.

No clinic will put you on birth control, until they know you aren't pregnant (so you're either going to have to take a pregnancy test or wait until it's long enough for you to know you definitely are not pregnant. Get on BC or stop having sex. 

• helene

I just don't see how you'd be pregnant, so my advice is to do nothing for now.

Seriously, your period even seems to be starting.

• M.P.

Go to a pharmacy and get the Plan B pill, which you're supposed to take right after unprotected sex. I think it costs around $40 if you don't go through insurance and just pay over the counter. I don't know if it's too late or not for that but it's worth a try in the early stages. 

No don't do that . U have such a nice boyfriend and his mom seems really nice to take you in in that condition. I think it's a good thing and it doesn't stop anyone from anything . Just lost a few months great . Etc . Hope you don't take any of that nonsense . Just try to be safe and nice to him ☺️ tc 💗🎂he will protect u