Is Rick Astley song, Never Gonna Give You Up copyrighted?

Hi, I'm making a visual novel game, currently there's a scene where player change the radio, I thought of making some joke by rickrolling them. Although, I'm afraid if anyone recording their gameplay might get copyright strike or the visual novel itself might be taken down due to copyright. It's not mentioned anywhere on wikipedia about the copyright. A bit of research, I only found Epic Games copyrighting it's dance move in their Fortnite game.

• Tony B

I really don't know what people mean when they talk about something being “copyrighted”!

Any song or recording is automatically subject to copyright laws. Nothing has to be done, it doesn’t have to be “copyrighted”. 

I don't know what it is you intend doing with the song (and I guess the recording of it?) but if you copy, publish, share, post etc. it then obviously you're breaking the law.

• It's owned by Stock Aitken Waterman who are quite litigious if you use their music without permission.

• Barry

Yes it is.