Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Why do I get lightheaded when I stand?

First of all, I am a virgin, I do not have anemia, and I don't have diabetes. I am 5'2 and around 110 ish pounds. Basically, when I go from sitting to standing position nearly every time I get some variation of my vision going black and my getting lightheaded. Also, if I hold my breathe, only after just about 10 seconds, my vision goes black and I pass out/fall over. This doesn't seem normal. My heart rate increases significantly and becomes rapid. But my heart rate is susceptible to beating rapidly when I'm nervous or have adrenaline. My blood pressure is normal at like 108/65 or something. What is this? 

I said I don't have low blood pressure...

I said I was a version to prevent people from suggesting I was pregnant

Virgin**

It appears you are dehydrated. Symptoms of dehydration are dizziness, fainting, nausea, vomiting, shaking chills that last an hour, fever. Drink a glass of water each hour for 8 hours a day for 2 days and you regain your balance. Keep a bottle of water in your pack and auto.

That is called orthostatic hypotension.

Used to happen to me a lot when I was growing up. Having had sex, or not is totally irrelevant.

You should try getting up more slowly to give your body a chance to adjust.

If this is a constant problem, you should talk with a doctor,

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotens...

You probably have low blood pressure.  Sex won't change that.