Do I legally have to tell my spouse when I go into labor?

My husband kicked me out the house and cheated on me. I am due to have my baby in about 2 weeks. I wasn’t planning on telling him when I go into labor because I just don’t want him there. Giving birth is traumatic on the body. This is my second child, so I know. And I don’t think I can emotionally handle him being there. Especially because he is still with the woman and has told me how ugly I am compared to her. I don’t mind him being there after the fact to see his daughter. But just not during labor. 

• L

Since he's with another woman...............do not even tell him when your labor begins.

Wait until after the baby is born, hire a lawyer; demand Sole Custody, Child Support and Supervised Visits only.

• GB

You can not only choose not to tell him, but you can speak to the staff about having him banned from the birth room, if he turns up. I'm not sure about needing 2 signatures to register the baby, because there must be cases where the father isn't present.  The emergency contact does not have to be your legal nok or the baby's father. There are cases, where while the couple might have a good relationship, there might be reasons that the partner cannot get to the hospital easily. Your emergency contact can be anyone who agrees to be nominated.

• garry

no you dont , but it takes 2 signatures to register a baby , after all both parents sign .unless you leave the fathers name off the register .

You picked well, and you are having his baby,,,, good luck to you, and I hope life will be kinder to you after the birth of your child.

You can tell him if you change your mind but, no you don't have to. Raise that child like a queen!

You don't legally have to tell your spouse anything you don't want to. That includes giving birth. 

I have 6 kids just had my 6th last week, my husband was there and I wanted that, but we are happily married, if you don't want him there don't have him there!

He kicked YOU out of the house.   So HE forced a separation.   So no,  you do not legally have to tell him you are in labor.   You do not have to tell him when the kid is born.    You do not have to tell him the sex of the kid.   But what you should do is make sure you get his name on the birth certificate.   Even though you are separated he is still legally the father.    Hit him up for child support during the divorce.

Unless you live in some backwards country that doesn't allow women autonomy, no. But since you don't give basic facts that would allow a definitive answer to the question, who knows. 

• Faith

No, you legally do not. You can inform the hospital that you don't want him there and they legally have to respect your wishes.