Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Would a ring, a bouquet of flowers and a stuffed animal make good gifts for my girlfriend's (hopefully fiancée's) 25 birthday?

We have been dating for a couple of years, but I hope these gifts won't give too much of a "creepy" vibe or anything like that, I just want to make her birthday special. 

I got her a bouquet of eternal roses - roses that are dried and died special colors so she can basically keep them forever and not worrying about them dying.I also made her a stuffed animal from build a bear (it was pretty pricy and one of her favorite characters, so I for sure wanted to get her something she would like).

And I had a ring custom made for her. Her favorite gemstone is sapphire, so I had a sapphire ring made to look like one of her blue roses. 

It's technically a birthday/proposal surprise.

How would you feel/react if your boyfriend bought these for you? Are they a little too feminine/girly or are they still nice to get for birthdays and proposals?

Sounds like nice gifts...... I hate the idea of "pop proposals" though..... Too many people get married because someone didn't know how to say no. Look at the divorce rate..... I'm not saying don't get married, but just ask her how she feels about getting married. If she says "maybe down the line", you still have a girlfriend. If you just propose and she says no, then you will probably end up split up because of the pressure.

Source(s): I've never been married, but I've seen a few married..... and unhappy or divorced.
  • ?

No stuffed animals. She's 25 for heaven's sake.

• Foofa

You know this woman's tastes better than we do. If she likes flowers, stuffed toys and jewelry then it's perfect. If not then you should come up with something more to her basic aesthetic. 

Ignore the hating people🙄 anyways 

I’m a female myself and guys giving us Gifts like teddy bears and flowers is absolutely perfect and I can guarantee you that she would adore you right after that. 

She would die for that ring man ong but not all women are the same, my boyfriend got me a teddy bear, flowers, and chocolates for Valentine’s Day and it was soo cute. I’m sure if you give her this you’ll see her socials with cute pictures of her gifts!💖💝

Good luck

• wings

You mentioned a ring. It's your plan to propose!!! I think your gift ideas are wonderful, Bud. Congrats in advance!!! As far as your gifts being too girly/feminine...they are for HER. No, I don't think they're too girly/feminine. Surprise her with the flowers & teddy bear...yes...then after a few moments you could make something up, like I know how much you like the roses, (then reach into your pocket, open the box)...then propose.

Go for it!!

That is too much.  Just buy her a box of candy

Is she likely to want a stuffed animal?

If you've been dating for a few years and are planning to propose, then nothing should be 'creepy'

First, ignore people laughing at a teddy bear.  If it was my fave character, and my bf went to the trouble of building one, I'd be thrilled and it would have a lot of sentimental value.  Your birthday gifts are fine.

What I find a little strange is combining this with a proposal, especially a "surprise" one.  Like they say, never propose if you aren't 100 percent sure of the answer. Have you talked about marriage at all?  Also, on the ring, I assume you mean this as an engagement ring?  Do you know for fact she'd want a sapphire engagement ring, or a flower one?  I love sapphires, too, but my wedding rings are diamond and I would hate a flower one! 

If you've had intense convos about all the issues that matter (finances, careers, kids, etc) then maybe go ahead, but you have to find a way to make it clear to her that you want her to LOVE her engagement rubg.  If she doesn't want a sapphire one, this is fine.  You'll return it and the 2 of you will pick one out together.  

I don't know her so I don't know how she would react but not many 25 year old women are into stuffed animals. I would not have liked a stuffed animal for my birthday once I passed 10 years old

Sounds like you're trying too hard to gain her approval. It's a turn-off whenever a guy has to try and gain a woman's approval. Women should be doing that for you if you're the prize. Where's your flowers and ring? Exactly, women know they don't need to gain your approval like that so they have no reason to do it. Stop and think about that for a second and you'll realize who really holds the power in the relationship.