?
? asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

what can you do if you are a good for nothing who hasn't achieved anything in life?

i'm now aged 43, and i regret to say ive had a very hard life, dealt with severe mental health problems, i missed out on finding any relationships & never had a female partner...and i have never had a job or been employed...lived on benefits all my life and live in a council flat as a hermit....so i feel like i have failed at life and never achieved anything.

i live out a lonely existence now, no one cares for me except my elderly parents.

what would you do if you were me?

• Favorite Answer

Try to get a small job to begin with.

I know you already chose a BA and might not get to read my answer, but I believe in Karma. So here is my 2 cents:

I used to think like you. Compare myself to others and think I have achieved nothing. Until one day I read this quote by Alan Watts. He said, “The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.” 

So just live your life the way you wanted, not as it should be, not as others want it. It’s your life, your way. And trust me when I say having friends doesn’t mean they’ll be there for you and you’d be happy. All my friends were fake. I’m alone too. Nothing will do anything for you for free. There is always a price you have to pay or a returned service. Be yourself. Just be.