Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

How much will I get?

So I have two brand new catalytic converters that I plan on scraping. Ball park how much could I get for both?

Update:

They’re not stolen btw. These are modern times lol. They were for my vehicle but the motor took a dump on me. And the new motor took roughly just over a  month to complete and I didn’t know til then that it included cats with the new motor. Now the ones I bought are sadly out of the 30 day window

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

About $20. The new motor doesn't even come with an oil filter. Keep the cats.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Fiddy bucks each in my town.

• 1 month ago

Cat converters can bring in $75 a piece

• 1 month ago

Depends upon the weight of precious metals such as platinum and rhodium inside them. 

If they’re brand new they’re worth far more if sold as spare parts. 

Here in the UK a scrapped cat may fetch between £10 and about £150 (roughly). But if sold as new spare parts they can easily be worth ten times more.

If scrapped any honest dealer will these days insist that you show proof of address and identity and may insist on payment by bank transfer. Honest dealers don’t want stolen goods so take care to avoid buying them. They don’t simply take the seller’s word that they’re legitimately obtained.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

About five dollars.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

About 3 years with good behavior.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If that are, as you say, brand new sell them on Ebay. You should easily get half price of what they cost to buy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.