Why are some cars more likely to break down in heavy traffic?

It’s bad enough you only get a few inches to move ahead, it’s even worse if the car ahead of you chooses a bad time to break down.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

There are several causes, your battery may be weak, a tire may be damaged or air pressure is not normal, there may be an electrical problem or short fuel. 

• 1 month ago

Substantial truck deceleration capacities are more restricted than those of traveler vehicles. For the most part, the back space holes for weighty trucks are marginally bigger than the back space holes for light trucks and traveler vehicles. This might be because of the wellbeing worries of back vehicle drivers when following substantial trucks.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Overheating is the main cause.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don't know why, I only know that some cars break down.

Which is why I always keep 10 feet behind a stopped vehicle, so I can get around.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Poorly maintained so the overheat and die.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's almost always due to lack of, or poor, maintenance.  Owners fail to check on fluid levels prior to a trip. Low coolant or oil will show up in traffic jams. Others know there is a problem with the engine yet put their heads in the sand. A well maintained car is very unlikely to breakdown at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.