if i when at a gas station slot are taxes taken out before i get my check?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

when = the time that something happens

win = victory

if you WIN money at a slot machine, you will be paid in accordance with the applicable laws. In the USA, that means if you win more than $600 the company will give you a check with taxes deducted and a 1099 form which forces you to report the jackpot to the IRS on your tax return. The IRS will also get a copy of that 1099 so they'll know if you "forget" to add it.

If the taxes that are withheld upfront are more than you owe you'll get a bigger refund, if they're less then you'll owe the difference (or get a smaller refund) when you file your tax return.

It doesn't matter if you hit the jackpot on a slot at the fanciest hotel in Vegas, or some rundown gas station with sticky floors and bars on the windows. They're not going to lose their gaming license so that you can evade taxes on your "whenings'

• 4 weeks ago

This is incoherent.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your question is gibberish. Try to compose a legible question.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It depends how your employer has you classified. Generally speaking you would be considered an employee and not a contract employee and your taxes would be withheld. You should have filled out a W-4 when you were hired as everyone's withholdings are different. The best way to determine would be to ask your employer. If they are not withholding taxes then they are evading taxes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.