How to get a job at a fast food restaurant?

I dont have experience. I have applied to many of them and they don't hire me. 

They say it's because I don't have experience in the interview I usually don't get an interview.

You can go get some experience in other types of jobs, to prove you'd be a valuable contributor to their company.  Volunteer, work part-time for Christmas deliveries, clean toilets, whatever needs to be done in your community and keep track of the hours and accomplishments that equate to "experience". 

I started out with a paper route and washing dishes in a local senior home, with massive volunteer hours in the community, and NEVER had anyone question my "experience" again.

As a rule, fast food restaurants do hire people with no experience, but these days with all that COVID-19 stuff they might not need extra employees.

I think it would depend on how you show up in the interview but usually fast food place jobs aren't hard to get. Take it from someone who's had some experience in fast food. I used to just walk in and walk out with a job during my younger years but it might have greatly changed due to covid and more people needing jobs to help out their families! 

Source(s): Applied to Burger King at 16 in 2000 Worked at Subway in College for a few months Worked at Thai Spice back during my college years (2008) Worked at Dominos for 2 years (2012-2014).

Sadly with so many people having lost their jobs lately, experienced applicants will almost always beat non-experienced. 

But the hope is in the word “almost”. Keep on applying.

In the meantime, support yourself. Get a bicycle if you don’t already have one and become an UberEats delivery rider. 

That allows you to visit loads of fast food outlets every day and if you make a good impression and make it known to managers that you want to work for them it gives you a big advantage.

You’ll also be keeping fit without gym fees and earning money as you look for work. 

UberEats pay is poor, but if you give customers a great service you can earn far more in tips. 

Doing that kind of work also shows potential employers that you have work experience and are self-motivated with a work ethic, instead of being a moaning waster sat at home whining about not having a job: that is not in any way intended to be a snide comment about you, as I have no idea about your private life but it IS the default assumption of many potential employers.

Show up dirty with acne and greasy hair and you are guaranteed a job.

Try harder. Go in person.

• April

Keep applying. Also, don't just assume who's hiring; know who is hiring. Often times (especially in the cities) applications are flooding for just 1-2 positions open. 

Make appearances at places and speak to the hiring manager to let them know you're interested. If you're acquainted with any of the workers there, ask if you can put their name on your application as a referral. Make it look like you're professional and enthusiastic when you do get interviewed. 

Every job posting brings in 200 to 300 applications.  Only the top 10 get interviewed. 

• JASON

You need to get as degree in the arts first before they hire you.

When fast food places advertise it's for "crews" which is very vague. They might have vacancies on the tills or in the kitchen only but they want to see you in the interview to see where you fit. If you are big and burly and they have a kitchen vacancy then you'll get it, if they have a vacancy on the tills then you won't get it. If you are pretty and they have a till vacancy then you'll get it and if there is only a kitchen vacancy then you won't. They can't say this in adverts because it's discriminatory but that's what they do. It has nothing to do with experience, it is often people's first job and they train you anyway, you just didn't fit where they had room. Try again, try different ones.