JS asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Why did my hair turn brassy even when using ash dye?

I'm starting to get some grays around my hairline, but have like 98% dark ash blonde hair. I got a light ash brown hair dye to cover the gray and it turned my hair an orangey brown. I don't understand this at all. How can I fix it at home? Buy a darker dye? 

• Favorite Answer

Ashy hair colors can go brassy, just the nature of ash colors. 

Some dyes aren't great at covering gray hair. Some times gray hairs can make the dye look lighter. Either try a darker dye or maybe a purple shampoo and conditioner. 

did u leave it on long enough? Does it say on the box that it will dye grey hair this colour. U could get it done at the hairdressers. You can contact the people who make hair dye. They usually have a help line where u ring up and they advise you. Find the company on the back of the box or online.

I don't know. A hairdresser or Google would know full well why. I watched my cousin fiddling around with hair dye and what not, But I couldn't tell you if you put a gun to my head.