What is this engine part called? See photo?

Here is a link to the photo for a large version of the image. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/frMaFf1 I will attach a photo in Yahoo Answers as well but it may be too small. 

WHICH part???

It's an old 2-cycle, vertical shaft motor, probably for a lawnmower. 

The flywheel is missing. 

I see the magneto coil (black object).

@jimanddottaylor:

It's sitting on the air inlet, where an air filter belongs.

A Double Doohickey & Slot.

Antique 1 cylinder air compressor.

I also believe that this is a whole engine.  I am not sure what the part is that it is standing on.

• fuzzy

It's a Two cycle engine painted in Jacobson orange, hard to say what for since it is meant to be mounted as a horizontal shaft, though my guess would be for a logging saw

its the Entire engine. Not a compressor, you can see central plug hole and wire . I think it is an L-head for a lawn mower.  Goes horizontally.  Those two things that look like screw heads are  to access valves for adjusting, or  to remove/replace  stem keepers.  Magneto on right (that black thing.) Carb and tank are in back, out of picture.

EDIT: Maybe it Is a 2-cycle.  The head doesnt have that shape of a flathead's. The screws might be spring cover for a reed valve.

I don't think that is part of a motor. It looks like a one cylinder air compressor. I doubt that it is a 2 cycle engine, but it could be.