Is it true that trying to achieve goals is bad for health?

makes people worse with anxiety and low self-esteem

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

What is bad is how your deal with it.  You SHOULD try and achieve goals in your life.

• 1 month ago

it seems simple but it is complex. personally goals keep me away from anxiety and low self-esteem, which instead can bloom in my empty times. i am referring to a few primary goals such as finishing studies or finding a job. it is also true that exposing yourself to any failures can disappoint and make you insecure, but if you don't even try, you certainly won't get strength from what you don't do. anesthetizing doesn't mean being safe, it just means not being.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If Vietnam vets can live into their 90's despite the stress their minds and bodies endured, I think you'll be okay.

• 1 month ago

Goals are a lot like diets or work outs - in the short term your hungry and tired - in the long term your fuller and stronger 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Goals are okay. Minor goals? You want to clean the whole kitchen today? Good for you. If you can't do it, or something stops you from it, it's no big deal. Major goals? You really want to get a job there? Try your hardest, but if you don't make it, no big deal. Try again, or find something you like better.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on the outcome.

Is the goal the end of the world,

or is it just something you do.

It should make no difference if you get the goal or not.

• 1 month ago

Those things don't come from trying to achieve goals, they come from making one's self-worth dependent on the achievement of goals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.