? asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

If China and India go to war, what will be the outcome?

Both countries combined make almost half the world's population. It would be a major war.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I think China would win.   Pakistan has no love lost with India and they might see it as an opportunity to grab the Kashmir,  which they have been fighting over for years so I would expect Pakistan to join in on China's side.   Nepal and Bhutan have had to put up with India treating them like poor relatives and they will stay neutral but will help China so they will get some concessions.     Taiwan might help India secretly because they do not want to give China an excuse to go after them too.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It won't be a major war. It will be a brush fire war at high altitude.

• david
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

India would get creamed. Their infrastructure does not support a prolonged war.  

• TomB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Larry" from Microsoft will stop calling me about my Computer and "Joe" will leave me alone about the my "expired" warranty (that still has a year left on it and 5 left on the power train).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Hopefully China will bomb India's call centers.

• 1 month ago

--  Hopefully that will never happen. Yes, the two countries have a border dispute over some of the Kashmir territory, and sometimes there are clashes, but hopefully there will never be an all-out war.

--  There would be too many dead, both military and civilians on both sides. Also, other world powers and the UN may intercede for peace, or take sides.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Population control. And pretty sure allies would come in between as well so it doesn’t go too far.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.