Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Could my girlfriend possibly be pregnant ?

My girlfriend is on the pill. I don’t usually wear condoms (I do every so often...) and I sometimes finish inside her, but not every time. Reason why I’m worried is cause she’s late by a couple days and she’s puked a couple times (but she’s also been dealing with a lot of stress at work over this past week and she’s been very very anxious over it...). Could she be pregnant?

Birth control pills are not 100% effective so she could be PG.   She could also be PG if she did not take the pills correctly.  She could also be PG if she stopped taking the pills so she would get PG and you would be trapped.  

Probably not pregnant, but keep in mind that no birth control is 100% effective, and there may be a very slim chance that her pill didn't work.

How long has she been on the pill? If she's just recently started it's possibly not 100% effective yet. Otherwise, it's doubtful.

If she takes her pill as directed then pregnancy is very unlikely. Stress can definitely make her period late especially when taking birth control because stress can actually enhance the horomones. If she doesn’t get it within a week of the day her period was expected then she should take a test to be safe. But in this case, the chance of pregnancy is extremely low 

If she puked because of pregnancy - then a test would be positive.  Pregnancy hormones cause "morning sickness".  If the hormones don't show up on a test, then pregnancy is not the cause of puking.

All methods of birth control could fail.  The chances are low.  It is far more likely she was sick from something else.  

The only way to know is to have her take a pregnancy test.  

best way to know is the pregnancy test

• Jill

If she takes the pill as directed then it's unlikely that she is but she should buy a test anyway to find out for sure.